Re: Building libcurl for android - proposed documentation change

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 14:58:43 +0200

Hi

On 04 Oct 2014 5:01 AM, "William Grim" <grimwm_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't recall at all having to be
> inside the ndk directory to run that
> command. I'm not for this change.

I believe what he means is that make-standalone-toolchain can be found in
the ndk directory. Not that you have to run it from there.

> On Oct 3, 2014 6:09 PM, "Daniel Jacobs" <djacobs7_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I was trying to build libcurl for android, and I noticed something
confusing in the documentation.

>> I spent 15 minutes looking for build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain
within the curl repo. I think making this small documentation change will
prevent someone from making this same mistake in the future.

>> I wanted to propose making the following change:
>>
>> - prepare the toolchain of the Android NDK for standalone use; this can
>> be done by invoking the script:
>> - ./build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain.sh
>> - which creates a usual cross-compile toolchain. Lets assume that you put
>> + ./build/tools/make-standalone-toolchain.sh from your Android ndk
directory (e.g. android-ndk-r10b ).
>> + This creates a usual cross-compile toolchain. Lets assume that you put
>> this toolchain below /opt then invoke configure with something like:
>> export PATH=/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.4.3/bin:$PATH
>> ./configure --host=arm-linux-androideabi [more configure options]
>>
>> My apologies if my formatting is terrible; or if this is the wrong
mailing list for this sort of thing.