Re: Call for libcurl cmake users/maintainers!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 13:58:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 7 Oct 2014, Alfred Gebert wrote:

> Because tomorrow the feature freeze starts I want to send a friendly
> reminder about the CMake patches from Jakub. I did review the patches. I'm
> biased because I work for the same company as Jakub. But at least a second
> person can help if things goes wrong.

Thanks for the reminder, I've merged and pushed those 5 patches now.

It is still a notable difference between a plain build with cmake and with
configure on my debian box (tested on git HEAD just now):

cmake

$ ./src/curl -V
curl 7.38.1-DEV (Linux) libcurl/7.38.1-DEV OpenSSL/1.0.1i zlib/1.2.8
libidn/1.29 libssh2/1.4.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s
rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: IDN NTLM SSL libz

configure

$ ./src/curl -V
curl 7.38.1-DEV (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.38.1-DEV OpenSSL/1.0.1i
zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.29 libssh2/1.4.3 librtmp/2.3
Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap ldaps pop3
pop3s rtmp rtsp scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp
Features: IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM NTLM_WB SSL libz TLS-SRP

I would say that the biggest (only?) actual problems of these are: IPv6 and
Largefile.