Re: Patches to make testing external proxies more convenient

From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 18:18:25 +0200

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Aug 2014, Fabian Keil wrote:
>
> > Such an option could also obsolete my patch that adds an -H option to change
> > the "IPv4 host IP address":
> >
> > ./runtests.pl -o TESTDIR=$privoxy_curl_test_dir -o HOSTIP=10.0.0.1 ...
>
> I like this approach a lot. Very subtle and unobtrusive to the actual script
> and yet gives the invoking the script a lot of power.

The attached patch 0002 is one way to add the suggested -o option.

It contains an (incomplete) white list of characters that are commonly
used in (Unix) paths and IPv4 and IPv6 addresses.

Given that the input is trusted, white listing probably isn't necessary
from a security point of view and may prevent valid use cases in the
future. The current white list works for me but I could also live with
a different white list or no sanity checks at all.

The attached patch 0001 fixes a line ending issue in test61
which affects external proxies.

Fabian