Re: SFTP problems

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 14:55:59 +0200

Hi Daniel,
On 21.10.2014 13:35, Daniel Karunairatnam wrote:
> is it the 3.34MB file under win32-generic on this page?
> http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
> are you running windows 8?
>
> and if it is that file. how do I compile the example code? there is no
> libcurl.lib file and visual studio studio throws up a link error in
> response.
I think what Ray mainly wanted to say is that sftp basically works on
Windows (and also on Windows 8).
But these binaries are build with the MinGW compiler, and even if it
might be possible to use the *.a libs (after converting to .lib) from
MSVC it is not recommended; in general it is also not recommended to use
MSVC pre-build binaries with MSVC unless you know exactly with which
MSVC version + settings they were build.
That means for you that you should build libcurl + any needed dependency
libs with *your* MSVC version from scratch, and then build your example
and link against your own created libs.
For your use case you would have to build at least:
OpenSSL
libssh2 (linked against your OpenSSL version)
libcurl (linked against your libssh2 version)

HTH, Günter.