Re: Problem with ca-bunble.crt file

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 12:51:44 +0100

Hi,
On 04.11.2014 12:01, Praveen Pvs wrote:
> Could you please let me know if something is wrong in the crt file
yes, your file is bad; a simple quick test shows this:
curl --cacert ca-bundle.crt -I https://www.google.com
curl: (77) error setting certificate verify locations:
   CAfile: ca-bundle.crt
   CApath: none

> and also how to validate the crt file?
hmm, sure this is possible, but I dont know an easy way;
but anyway your ca-bundle is 2 years old, so anyway time for generating
a fresh one; the libcurl sources come with a mk-ca-bundle.pl script
which you can use, or you can just download a fresh one here:
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/caextract.html

Gün.