RE: Build errors on Windows

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 13:25:59 +0000

On Wed, 5 Nov 2014, Steve Holme wrote:

> I will stop my pushing of my commits (Digest SSPI support) and do some
> build testing.

Sorry that took a little longer than expected. I had to go back to VC10 as I didn't have libssh2 built for VC12 and then I found a few other minor issues.

> > Surely that define is present in some windows header file we should
> > better include rather than to define it ourselves?
>
> Unfortunately not. The examples on MSDN simple use the numeric values [1].
>
> I guess we have the option of defining those values ourselves, 0x00, 0x02, 0x04
> and 0x06 (similar to Gisle's fix) or using the numeric values in code?
>
> Additionally, we might have some issues with using access() under Windows:
>
> a) It is deprecated (although still usable) in preference of _access()
> b) _waccess() is supposed to be use for wide characters - should we be using
> this under Unicode builds?

I've compiled x86 and x64, Unicode and non-unicode and it seems fine (in the sense that it compiles) to use access().

As such, I've pushed Gisle's fix...

Although, we might want to consider moving this define to a curl_setup.h and defining the other values (F_OK, W_OK, X_OK) so we don't accidentally do this elsewhere in the future?

Kind Regards

Steve