[SOLVED]: Fiddler2 Proxy

From: William Grim <grimwm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 10:17:30 -0800

After getting back to work today, I got suspicious that 127.0.0.1:8888 was
somehow routing through a different virtual adapter on my system. To be
absolutely sure, I shut down the vmware host that was running and changed
the proxy host/port to localhost:8888. I don't know which of those two
things solved it, but now curl is properly proxying through fiddler, and I
can snoop the traffic.

On a side note that may be very helpful to people debugging their
clients/servers over fiddler when using curl, I also highly recommend
setting at least the CURLOPT_TIMEOUT. Otherwise, your client may hang in
areas unexpectedly, leading to weird bugs that wouldn't appear if you're
not proxying through fiddler. I think this has something to do with how
fiddler handles traffic, but using CURLOPT_TIMEOUT is probably reasonable
to setup anyway, as I'm doing now.

Thanks again,
Will