RE: [bagder/curl] b5c496: tests: Don't run HTTP digest tests for SSPI based ...

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 22:50:44 +0000

On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> > Would one of my Linux peers be so kind to help me out please and update
> > /tests/data/test552 and add !SSPI to the top of the features list - just like I
> > did with test551 and the other 31 tests?
>
> Done.

Many thanks Dan - much appreciated.

> For some reason, TortoiseGit / mysysGit on Windows doesn't like diffing the
> file (sometimes displaying nothing - sometimes characters from the Chinesse
> character set) and then if I ignore that and commit it display - for the number
> of lines changed and places the following in the patch file:
>
> tests/data/test552 | Bin 142979 -> 142985 bytes
>
> This is what I get, too, and for previous commits as well, likely due to the NUL
> characters in the file.

Mmm.... I've just performed a git pull and see a similar message (See below) in the theTortoiseGit output window. If I use the diff tool I also get a blank diff as I did when I was trying to commit it myself.

b5c496f..e2828af master -> origin/master
= [up to date] gh-pages -> origin/gh-pages
Updating b5c496f..e2828af
Fast-forward
tests/data/test552 | Bin 142979 -> 142985 bytes

> Using the diff --text option gives me a nice, normal diff. I get a file size of
> 142985, too, so it probably would have worked just fine had you checked it in
> yourself!

Ah that's useful to know. If I see this in the future I will bear that in mind - hopefully it isn't anything detrimental.

Cheers again

Steve