Re: Pipelining & Timeouts

From: Carlo Wood <carlo_at_alinoe.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 21:40:41 +0100

On Sat, 8 Nov 2014 23:35:55 -0500 (EST)
m brandenberg <mcbinc_at_panix.com> wrote:

> Libcurl has a number of timeout-like settings. Interesting ones
> for the moment are:
> * TIMEOUT
> * CONNECTTIMEOUT
> * LOW_SPEED_LIMIT/LOW_SPEED_TIME

I agree that this will need improvement.
Currently I am totally happy and satisfied with libcurl (with my
patches applied of course): things run smoothly.

... except for timing related issues :(.

However, I strongly prefer to postpone discussing this until after the
review of the current http pipelining patches or else things are
stacking up a bit too much to my taste. Once I'm merged I'll have
breathing room again to concentrate on improving the timing issues (or
at least join a discussion about those).

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_alinoe.com>