RE: Compiling curl with GSS-API on Centos 5 x64

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 14:14:59 +0000

On Wed, 12 Nov 2014, Paul Howarth wrote:

>> ./configure --enable-debug --enable-maintainer-mode --with-gssapi
>>
>> I get the following error message:
>>
>> configure: error: one or more libs available at link-time are not available
>> run-time. Libs used at link-time: -lgssapi -lldap -lz -lrt
>

> ./configure --with-gssapi=/usr/kerberos

Cheers Paul, That worked - you're a star ;-)

>> I then noticed that libgssapi.so isn't there but instead libgssapi_krb5.so.
>>
>> As such I modified the various references in configure.ac from -lgssapi to
>> -lgssapi_krb5, like the darwin host detection, but still no joy.

For anyone that is interested... This was my own fault :(

I blame the fact that it was late last night, but essientially I had forgotten that I was running in my local copy of the repo and hadn't ran ./buildconf - so effectively I was running the configure script that I had generated two days ago :(

If I run buldconf with my modified configure.ac then all is good as well - however, with Paul's suggestion this isn't required.

Kind Regards

Steve