Re: libcurl.res : format not recognized

From: HiLow <hi.low_at_laposte.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:21:17 +0100

Subject: Re: libcurl.res : format not recognized
From: HiLow <hi.low_at_laposte.net>

In article <546A8947.3050408_at_gknw.net>, lists_at_gknw.net says...
> Hi again,
> On 18.11.2014 00:39, Guenter wrote:
> > On 17.11.2014 22:40, HiLow wrote:
> >> And here is the error I receive :
> >>
> >> libcurl.res: file not recognized: File format not recognized
> >> collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
> >> mingw32-make[1]: *** [libcurl.dll] Error 1
> > sounds to me that this TDM toolchain is somehow broken ...
> probably we can add a RESFLAG to the mingw32 makefiles which you can set
> to solve this issue; do you know how you can control TDM's windres to
> build a 32-bit resource? Perhaps check the commandline help for such an
> option ...

Oh ! It would be nice. For my project built against TDM MinGW64, I pass
this to the resource compiler when 32-bit target :

-F pe-i386

If it can help, my full call to windres as indicated in my IDE
(Code::Blocks) is this one :

$rescomp $res_includes -J rc -O coff -i $file -o $resource_output -F pe-
i386 -DWX_CPU_X86

Also, I read at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18805155/tdm-gcc-w64-
script-to-change-windres-for-32bit (I quote Iron Bug over there) :

--- BEGIN OF QUOTE ---
Basically, you have to add -F pe-i386 (or --target=pe-i386) after -O coff
flag to your command line if you generate it manually.

In GNU autotools it's about the RCFLAGS. So if there's some configure
script, just add

./configure RCFLAGS="--output-format=coff --target=pe-i386" ...