Re: Query regarding SSL certificates not about libCurl

From: Guenter <lists_at_gknw.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 22:14:09 +0100

Hi Arif,
On 08.12.2014 07:31, Arif Ali wrote:
> Hello Guenter, I downloaded these binaries , but I also need the
> libcurl.lib inorder to link it with my visual studio project. Are those
> filea also posted somewhere?
yes, but unfortunately the devel packages are *not* build with WinSSL
which is what you want in order to use the Windows cert store ...
please tell a bit more what OS (32/64 bit) and what compiler you intend
to use and I or someone else can probably build a devel package for ya ...

just a note: my binary packages are build with the MinGW compiler, and
if you want to use them then you should also use that compiler; if you
instead want to use a MSVC compiler then you are more or less on your
own and its best that you build it yourself since there are too many
different versions out, and usually in order to have lesser trouble its
recommended that everything is build with the same compiler and linked
against same runtime libs ...

Günter.