Handling idle connections with CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_XXXXX option

From: Ramesh Rayaprolu <rayaprolu.ramesh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:08:28 -0800

I have a use-case related to HTTP PUT for which I am looking for
suggestions:

My application needs to transfer files to HTTP server at different speeds.

For some files, I will have to keep the connection "open" and do not write
anything until some time (usually few minutes, probably can go upto few
hours).

Now, if I enable the CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_LIMIT and _TIME, I will end-up
getting a timeout as soon as I give some data to CURL for writing to these
"Idle" handles.

But, I do not want to disable this timeout, since I want to know if HTTP
server really times out in general.

Could you suggest me of any "simple" option that I can use (other than
CURLOPT_PROGRESSFUNCTION)
?

Best Regards,
Ramesh