Re: SF bug 1456 and associated commits

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 22:43:11 +0100

On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 07:39:54PM +0000, Steve Holme wrote:
> My only objection is that we are then taking away the ability to allow the
> user to purposely send LF characters to the mail server for whatever reason
> - they may have a non RFC compliant mail server that requires the line
> ending to be LF or CR for example.

Plus, it takes away the ability to send a message directly that already has
CR/LF line endings, which I can imagine some SMTP workflows produce.
But, it does make some sense to have the default assume platform-native
end-of-line characters and perform protocol-required conversion as necessary.

>>> Dan