RE: SF bug 1456 and associated commits

From: Steve Holme <steve_holme_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 07:49:35 +0000

On Tue, 16 Dec 2014, Michael Wood wrote:

> > > - An additional empty mail bug (currently transmitted as an empty line)
> > > fixed.
> >
> > I wasn't aware of an issue here either.
>
> Well, there's a <CRLF> after the DATA command :)

I hadn't thought of it like that ;-)

> > > What do we do ?
>
> I think that if we were implementing a new feature we should do the
> conversion automatically and provide an option for someone to turn it
> off if necessarily.

Agreed.

> So I'm leaning towards fixing the conversion bugs, enabling conversion
> by default (therefore making the command-line option redundant, but
> leaving it for backwards compatibility) and providing another option to
> turn off the conversion.

The ideas I've had so far involve extending the existing --crlf option but I hope to be able to post more on my ideas when I have a little bit more time towards the end of the week.

Hopefully Patrick can assist with the initial dot and empty line bugs and we can try and fix those this week as I think they are quite simple - would just like some more info ;-)

Cheers for your input Michael.

Kind Regards

Steve