RE: moving the 7.40.0 release forward

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 13:40:09 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014, Steve Holme wrote:

>> The feature window for post-7.40.0 will close on January 28th as per the
>> release calendar.
>
> I was wondering if we could push the feature window back one week for the
> post 7.40.0 release as well?
>
> The reason I ask, is that some of the curl dev team "might possibly" be
> attending FOSDEM and it's the perfect opportunity to hack some stuff out and
> push patches between talks ;-)

Ah, I can see you're using your brain here! =) A fair suggestion indeed.

I now moved the feature freeze to February 3rd to allow us to do weird things
during the FOSDEM weekend! =) It does make the bug fixing period slightly
shorter than usual but yet, we have a longer one for this release...

Of course I still welcome more contributors and intersted people in joining us
in Brussels that weekend, just let me know you'll be there!

If you go there, you don't _have to_ listen to me but I'm doing a talk on
HTTP/2 in the mozilla devroom and the word is still out but I might do a
curl/libcurl talk too (in the embedded room) - if it gets accepted.