Re: Patches to winbuild for support of c-ares and OpenSSL debug

From: Sam <windexlight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 11:00:48 -0800

> What version of OpenSSL are you using and what commands did you use to build OpenSSL?

I am using OpenSSL 1.01j. I actually did not build it, but rather
took the lazy shortcut and downloaded binaries from
http://www.npcglib.org/~stathis/blog/precompiled-openssl/

I've just noticed, reading through the notes there, that the fellow
doing the building states: "The main difference from the official
release is that I patch the sources to allow compiling libraries with
filenames that reflect the compile configuration, which makes it
easier to use later." I would read that to mean that his library
names might be non-standard, so perhaps this patch is not suitable for
general use. Though there still exists the issue on Windows that you
must build a project with consistent linkage against the same versions
of the CRT, or you will get errors/warnings. That is what led me to
set up linking against the debug versions of OpenSSL in the first
place.

Thanks,
Sam