disable sslv3 on compile of older version of curl (or OpenSSL)

From: Rob Sharkey <rsharkey_at_bce-inc.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:46:06 -0700

Hello, (previously sent to curl_users)

Is there a way to disable SSLv3 and force tls during ./configure of curl
7.19.4 ? [UPDATE; or in ./Config for OpenSSL 0.9.8k] or any other ideas for
ensuring TLS is used.

The current setup fails connections when it tries to use SSLv3, which is
most of the time, but sometimes the connection does work through TLS which
should mean that if we can recompile with SSLv3 disabled we could have a
functioning system, we hope.. We've tried most options within the command
structures of ./configure

curl 7.19.4 (i586-mandriva-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.4 GnuTLS/2.6.4 zlib/1.2.3
c-ares/1.6.0 libidn/1.13 libssh2/1.0

Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps scp sftp

Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

Thank you

Rob