One more try to define the problem

From: Rob Sharkey <rsharkey_at_bce-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:40:31 -0700

Hello,

As I'm understanding more of curl, now maybe I can explain our problem
better.

We have embedded Mandriva 2008.1 systems on a single board computer
(486/512mb/4gbflash)

>curl -V

curl 7.19.4 (i586-mandriva-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.19.4 GnuTLS/2.6.4 zlib/1.2.3
c-ares/1.6.0 libidn/1.13 libssh2/1.0

Protocols: tftp ftp telnet dict ldap ldaps http file https ftps scp sftp

Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SSL libz

We use curl to post XML data to a secure website, the website recently
changed to 'no SSLv3' and new certs.

The new certs work and we were able to add them to the ca-cert file. But now
our post only succeeds 1 out of 7-8 tries.

The instance of curl looks generic, default Mandriva build I would believe.
The understanding now is that when a

post succeeds it is using TLS but fails when using SSL .

So I did a recompile of our code to add TLS as default with
CURLOPT_SSLVERSION, CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1 but I'm still trying to

verify my syntax because after the recompile the app works fine but now when
I try to post it just stalls/fails completely.

   // Set SSL option to set TLS connection:

   curlRetCode = curl_easy_setopt(m_pCurlHandle, CURLOPT_SSLVERSION,
CURL_SSLVERSION_TLSv1);

   if( curlRetCode != CURLE_OK ) {

      m_pLogger->LogString("xmlDispatch(): Error %d from CURLOPT_SSLVERSION
call.",

                           curlRetCode);

      return( BCE_ERROR );

   }

I've tried compiling several of the newer versions of curl on the system but
dependency issues keep stopping progress.

Thanks for any thoughts

(I have made sure to add curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se to my accepted mail list,
missed a couple before)