Re: Building for AmigaOS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 09:06:28 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 19 Jan 2015, Chris Young wrote:

Thanks for your help Chris!

> There is an issue with conflicting "struct timeval" definitions

> It's easy enough to resolve this at the curl end, by casting the potentially
> errorneous calculation to a signed long (see attachment).

I merged and pushed that one now.

> The second issue, which is the long-standing one, is that modern OS releases
> and C libraries don't need bsdsocket.library opening manually, as the C
> library can handle this. This means the #ifdef in amigaos.c/h needs to be
> revised. As this is now the odd case, I suggest adding a check to Configure
> for the amitcp/socketbasetags.h header, and only enabling that code if it is
> present. Note there is a select/WaitSelect definition in curl_setup.h, and
> an Amiga-specific in tool_operate.c, which also need to be removed (see
> attachments) if building using the C library functions.

I'm not sure I follow here. Are you saying that the suggested patch should be
applied no matter what to build for Amiga? When it comes to doing things to
configure and adjusting the build for Amiga I'm all for that but we really
need either an Amiga user to do that and verify that it gets right, or even
better an Amiga build added to the autobuilds system so that others can verify
that the build goes through.

My guess is that you find that many other fellow Amiga hackers working on curl
these days... :-/

> Lastly, in curl 7.40.0 there is some IPv6 specific code which is
> getting compiled in even with IPv6 disabled:

I pushed a fix for that just now, it'd be great if you tested it. Clearly the
number of users building curl without ipv6 support nowadays is shrinking as
you're the first to report this!