Re: ldap.c and BoringSSL

From: Gisle Vanem <gvanem_at_yahoo.no>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 15:38:16 +0000

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> Interestingly, even OpenSSL has X509_NAME as a typedef, but I figure it
> is in a header not as commonly included so it hasn't hurt us in this case.

OpenSSL's "x509.h" already has these undefs:

   #ifdef OPENSSL_SYS_WIN32
   /* Under Win32 these are defined in wincrypt.h */
   #undef X509_NAME
   #undef X509_CERT_PAIR
   #undef X509_EXTENSIONS
   #endif

>> But I fail to make BoringSSL work. Any https url gives this:
>
> Weird.

I've put some trace code into vtls/openssl.c and see
that in ossl_connect_step2(), the 'detail == SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL'.
(i.e. 5) and SOCKERRNO returns 0! That seems to indicate there
some thread-problem; doesn't Winsock return WSAGetLastError()
per thread?

--
--gv