CURL_EXTERN also used by VMS.

From: John E. Malmberg <wb8tyw_at_qsl.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 20:38:11 -0600

This is just an informational notice that the CURL_EXTERN tags are used
by the VMS builds of Curl.

They are not used at compile time, they are used for building the shared
image transfer file.

Having these CURL_EXTERN tags simplifies building the files needed for
the shared image because all we have to do is search the header files
for them.

Some projects make it harder to search because they put some of the tags
in the header files and some only in the source files, which require
searching the entire source for them.

So thank you for both providing them and making them easy to find.

Currently the procedure for converting them to VMS use is manual, but in
the future I am hoping that it can be automated so we do not have to
keep manually checking for new routines.

One restriction on VMS is that the order of the names in the needs to
stay the same from version to version. All new routines need to be
added to the end, and old routines must be maintained.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw_at_qsl.network