MD4 and MD5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2015 23:22:55 +0100 (CET)

Hey all,

A while ago, at a conference I didn't attend, someone pointed fingers at us
for using code from RSA Inc with their license - and without properly
following the conditions specified therein: The MD4 and MD5 implementations we
use.

Said person never contacted us about it and the only reason I know of this at
all, is because a friend of mine was in the audience and took a photograph of
a slide with some info about the claims.

Still, the claim was correct (even if those files are not built/used in many
build configurations) and I intend to replace the implementations with two
free ones that have no RSA copyrights.

I have a local patch for this now, and for this reason I also today pushed two
new sets of unit tests that use MD4 and MD5 to make really sure the
replacements will work the same way.