issue with root CA in certificates chain from server

From: Bruno BARRUCAND <Bruno.BARRUCAND_at_ingenico.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 14:03:14 +0000

Hello,
I am using libcurl (curl-7.34.0) with openssl (1.0.1h) in https. It works well. Thank you.
But I have an issue in one case. When server sends root CA in certificates chain, libcurl/openssl returns an error "SSL certificate problem: self signed certificate in certificate chain >.
In my code, I have set curl_easy_setopt(curl_, CURLOPT_CAINFO, cert); with cert which root CA (in pem format).
I have also curl_easy_setopt(curl_, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST, 2);
And curl_easy_setopt(curl_, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, 1);

What should I do/modify/add in the code to accept connection from this server without allowing self-signed certificate (by setting CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER to 0)?

Thank you,
Bruno Barrucand