Re: about https proxy queston

From: laser peter via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 06:59:14 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Daniel,
I mean https proxy there in my env. The repro steps is our client app will failed to connect to the server through company's proxy after upgrade libcurl from 7.32 to 7.39.
Could you please review the patch? It verified fixed the issue in my ENV.
++  /* Bug fix */++  if (rc == 0) {++    sock[0] = conn->sock[FIRSTSOCKET];++    rc = GETSOCK_WRITESOCK(0);++  }+++   /* when we've sent a CONNECT to a proxy, we should rather wait for the+      socket to become readable to be able to get the response headers */+   if(conn->tunnel_state[FIRSTSOCKET] == TUNNEL_CONNECT) {
Thanks.

     On Wednesday, February 4, 2015 9:45 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

 On Tue, 27 Jan 2015, laser peter via curl-library wrote:

> Hi, our client app will failed to connect to the server through https_proxy

I think you mean HTTP proxy there - as that's the type of proxy, even if you
may speak HTTPS "through" it.

> when I use libcurl 7.39 in our client app, the libcurl 7.32 doesnt' have the
> issue, could you please take look into it?

Please give us plenty of details of what happens and doesn't happen.
Preferably also a small recipe on how to reproduce it in our ends!

> I spotted the below code of file “multi.c” in curl 7.32 was removed but with
> “memset(&multi->timer_lastcall, 0, sizeof(multi->timer_lastcall));” instead
> in curl 7.39, which might be the partial reason. Could you help look into
> it?

Sorry but I don't follow. Can you make a patch you think is correct and show
us?