Re: Delphi binding

From: Mikhail Merkuryev <mercury13_at_ukr.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 00:30:55 +0200

On 22.02.2015 0:11, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> URIs (RFC3986) and HTTP 1.1 (RFC7320+) are all US-ASCII in effect. If
> you need to transfer anything else, you encode it in some way.

There ARE ways of encoding Unicode into US-ASCII, different for URLs and
HTTP headers. Right now I don’t address this problem (use PAnsiChar and
RawByteString).

> JSON is for the body part of the protocols and they should be binary
> clean and allow you to send whatever you please.

Services rarely use anything beyond UTF-8. Pages do, and there should be
a thing like

property BodyAsString : UnicodeString read GetBodyAsString;

that recodes a page based on HTTP headers and <meta http-equiv>.