Re: Delphi binding

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2015 23:45:16 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015, Mikhail Merkuryev wrote:

>> URIs (RFC3986) and HTTP 1.1 (RFC7320+) are all US-ASCII in effect. If you
>> need to transfer anything else, you encode it in some way.
>
> There ARE ways of encoding Unicode into US-ASCII, different for URLs and
> HTTP headers.

libcurl deals with URIs (RFC3986) although we call them URLs all over. URIs
are not unicode at any point. Sure you can encode unicode like IRIs (RFC3987)
and browsers do.

My point is that libcurl doesn't care and URIs are not unicode.

Similarly, HTTP headers are never unicode either and in fact most headers
traditionally have problems with non US-ASCII like the authentication headers
etc.