compute bandwidth with libcurl

From: cheniour ghassen <ghacheniour_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 10:30:54 +0100

Hi everyone,
I am using libcurl to download data from the internet, and in order to
compute bandwidth i am relying CURLINFO_SPEED_DOWNLOAD. But when passing
certain tests using a private network link to my private server with
different link bandwidth (1mb, 2mb, 3mb ..), i observed that curl speed
does not give me the real bandwidth (For info, i am not using any kind of
speed limitation and the link bandwidth were generated and tested using a
switch)
So, my questions are :
why curl doesn't use the hole bandwidth?
If so, how to excite curl to use the maximum available bandwidth?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Ghassen Cheniour.