Re: [RELEASE] curl and libcurl 7.40.1

From: Jan Ehrhardt <phpdev_at_ehrhardt.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 01:18:12 +0100

Jan Ehrhardt in gmane.comp.web.curl.library (Wed, 25 Feb 2015 16:02:16
+0100):
>When I saw where OCSP_RESPONSE was defined I added this after line 202 of
>ossl_typ.h:
>
> typedef struct ocsp_req_ctx_st OCSP_REQ_CTX;
> typedef struct ocsp_response_st OCSP_RESPONSE;
>+typedef struct ocsp_basicresp_st OCSP_BASICRESP;
> typedef struct ocsp_responder_id_st OCSP_RESPID;
>
>In ocsp.h I also changed a thing:
>
> variant should be used. -- Richard Levitte, OpenSSL team and CeloCom */
>-typedef struct ocsp_basic_response_st
>+typedef struct ocsp_basicresp_st
> {
> OCSP_RESPDATA *tbsResponseData;
>
>And the last change was to move
>
>#ifndef HAVE_BORINGSSL
>#include <openssl/ocsp.h>
>#endif
>
>in Curl's openssl.c from line 66 to line 1323.

https://phpdev.toolsforresearch.com/php-7.0.0-dev-nts-Win32-VC11-x86.htm
shows that these 3 patches where enough to build Curl 7.41.0 with
OpenSSL 1.0.1L.

However, I do not like to muddle with the OpenSSL files, so I will step
back to Curl 7.40.0. No upgrade for Windows users at the moment AFAICT.

My gut feeling is that OpenSSL is muddling with the implementation of
ocsp_basicresp / ocsp_basic_response. What surprises me: are there no
warnings on *nix? It does not seem a Windows specific error.

Jan