Re: FTP of growing files?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 20:31:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015, Kurt Fankhauser wrote:

> The server (pure-ftp) tries to send additional bytes since the file has
> grown in size, but libcurl has closed the data connection. Are there any
> options available to allow the data connection to remain open until the
> server determines completion?

No, the FTP protocol has no features like that. libcurl just asks to get the
file and the server sends the data until there's nothing to send and then it
closes the connection. If the server wanted to, it could keep the connection
alive and send data as it arrives but I've never seen such an implementation -
but even if it did, it would make the final size differ from the size the file
claimed to be at the beginning which would cause libcurl to return an error
due to that