Re: Memory leak observed while using libcURL

From: Raja Gopal M <smrajagopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 19:15:41 -0600

> Never? So what happens if you call *cleanup on all easy handles and the multi handle? Is that memory truly lost?
Calling *cleanup functions does release the memory. Being said that,
my current application which detected the memory leaks only calls
*cleanup functions when CURLMSG_DONE for that easy handle is received
from libcURL.

>I would say that the connect timeout should be used for that. Isn't it being acknowledged?
That is the interesting question I have. CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT is set
(60seconds) for each of the easy handle being added to the multi
handle. I read the following line in libcURL documentation,
"This only limits the connection phase, it has no impact once it has connected"
Agree that for easy interface. In multi interface, when the connection
to the server is already made by another easy handle and when
CURLMOPT_MAX_TOTAL_CONNECTIONS is set to 1, does libcURL care about
the CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT for the new easy handle(which in my case
never get to get a connection to the server) at all ? Currently, I
don't see either the requests being dropped or the resources getting
released after the set time. Logs attached in the original post is the
proof.

Thanks
Raja Gopal M
smrajagopal_at_gmail.com