Re: cant resolve host on visual studio 2013

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 13:29:11 -0500

On 3/3/2015 11:06 AM, Azat Manukyan wrote:
> in both cases I haven't configured libcurl to any resolver.I supposed
> that didn't need to configure any resolver.firewall is turned of on
> windows.
> DNS resolver is working on windows environment because i can ping to
> given host, and system log viewer does not give any issues.
> So that is all that i can tall at this moment, if you need some other
> information I will provide to You. I really need to work with this lib
> in windows environment.

When you use libcurl to access other hosts do you have the same problem?
Is it possible you have an anti-virus or anti-malware client that may be
blocking your program? What about when you try through your browser, can
you access that host or other hosts? How about using the curl tool?
Your test example looks straightforward, try the curl tool:

curl -v -k -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d
"{\"username\":\"name\",\"password\":\"test\"}"
https://myhost.com/api/login/

Note that the -k option allows insecure HTTPS connections and although
keeping in line with your example you really should verify the server's
certificate.

If the curl tool doesn't work try using a curl tool that is known to
work [1] rather than one you built yourself. Doing these things should
help you narrow down a cause. If you need more assistance reply to the
list with the details outlined in section 1.3 at [2].

[1]: http://curl.haxx.se/download.html#Win32
[2]: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/bugs.html#What_to_report