Re: about multi socket perfornance

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 23:20:33 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015, 兰天 wrote:

> I recently use multi socket to download picture ,picture size vary from 200k
> to 10M, I test the performance all the way ! and I receive the request from
> client ,when client request is up to 20000,the easy handle in multi handle
> is increasing all the way! I know that the curl could not handle them. did
> anyone has similar data, this model could download the number of pictures.Do
> I have any potential to increase the performance?

There is just so much missing info here it is impossible for anyone to even
guess.

Please tell us more about your platform, your libcurl version, which protocol
you use and something about what you download and how exactly the slowness
occurs. You mention 20000 downloads. Does that mean it runs fine up until that
point or is the degradation gradual? Either way, at what point does it start?
Do the download sizes affect it? What sort or level of degradation are we
talking about?

Ideally, you can provide us with a small source code that we can use to repeat
the problem.