Re: Suggesting CURLOPT_PATH_AS_IS

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 09:41:50 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 23 Mar 2015, Dan Fandrich wrote:

>> --path-as-is is the command line option
>
> I somehow recall some other URL mangling that curl did at some point, like
> replacing spaces with %20 or truncating URLs with spaces or something. Is
> there any other URL mangling/unmangling that could/should be stopped with
> this option as well?

I think you're referring to the replacing of spaces with %20 when following
redirects. I don't think we shoule make this option change that behavior.

This new libcurl option has room open for other bits or variations as only the
values 0 and 1 are legal to start with so we can add more path related things
later on should we think of any.