Re: curl problem on ldap with tls

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 11:52:54 +0200

Hi

On 31 Mar 2015 7:47 PM, "Ray Satiro via curl-library" <
curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> On 3/31/2015 4:50 AM, 林聖艦 wrote:
>>
>> I want to use curl ldap api with tls protocol.
>> Now I know I can use following setting:
>> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ldap://xxx.xxx");
>> or
>> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "ldap://xxx.xxx");
>> if ssl protocol.
>>
>> Here is my question:
>> How to use ldap with tls?
>

> If your build has ldaps support you can do ldaps://xxx.xxx

I suspect he meant to use ldaps in his second example. I think he wants to
connect to port 389 and upgrade to TLS on that same connection, rather than
connecting to port 636 and talking SSL directly.

Is this possible with libcurl?

--
Michael Wood