Re: Poor HTTP POST upload performance

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 02:17:13 -0400

On 4/14/2015 10:14 PM, Bryan Christ wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. It would be quite difficult to create an
> isolated test case due the inherit cost of setting up a RESTful POST
> to the server.
>
> The problem is very much reproducible. Several users have reported
> this issue. It's not hard to see the problem if you download and build
> the MediaFire FUSE client over at GitHub.
>
> I have seen the notes about the TODO item and I have seen the posts
> that seem to regard this as a SFTP only problem. I suspect that if I
> build libcurl from source and change the define, the performance will
> go. If that be the case, would you accept a patch for
> curl_easy_setopt() to allow this to be configured at run-time?
>
> As for the server, it doesn't support compression or the user-agent
> header. Also, I have a direct connection to our data center. Those are
> definitely not issues.

The best thing to do is eliminate your client from the equation if you
can, that's why I suggested a self contained example. Is very much
reproducible 100%? It sounds like you are asking for help to debug your
client and I just think it's unlikely that someone here is going to do
that, it's on you to do that investigation.

Whether or not a patch will be accepted it's too soon for that, I'd let
everyone know what you find first. Check out the send buffer complaint
at [1], which is for Windows but still. Also it may be helpful for
others to see the user reports you are referring to.

[1]: http://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/1188/