asiohiper.cpp seems to be crippled

From: Daniel Hardman <daniel.hardman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 11:51:25 -0600

I compiled the asiohiper.cpp sample, unmodified, and ran it on my ubuntu14
x64 box. It is linking against libcurl 7.35.

The sample app runs to completion, but it takes about 10 seconds to
download content from www.google.com. Each time it receives data, it pauses
for ~3 secs, so I get 3 partial chunk transfers with long delays between
them. When I download the same URL on the same machine using the curl
binary, it completes in a split second--so there is no network problem. The
problem must be with the asio interface in the sample.

Do others see this same behavior?

I wonder if it is related to the other post I recently made to the mailing
list, where a modified version of asiohiper.cpp seems to lose timers...

--Daniel