Re: CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 15:00:36 -0400

On 4/26/2015 10:52 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Hey all (and perhaps mostly Christian),
>
> We added CURLINFO_TLS_SESSION back in commit 2c04e8d80 (November 2013).
>
> First of all, we don't document what kind of internal pointers you get
> for the various backends so they ought to be fairly useless. We should
> fix that.
>
> But then also, mr "dkjjr89" wants to get the 'handle' instead of 'ctx'
> back for OpenSSL backends:
>
> https://github.com/bagder/curl/issues/234
>
> ... and I'm curious if there's anyone around with thoughts on this?

Although the type isn't documented you may have users who figured out
it's a pointer to CTX on their own. It may be better to append a pointer
to the structure and then document that as well.

struct curl_tlsinfo {
   curl_ssl_backend ssl_backend;
   void *internals;
   /* This field was added in 7.43.0 */
   void *extras[10];
};

document extras and have them test against version
document for openssl extras[0] is handle

/* check if the array of extra pointers is available */
if(curl_version_info(CURLVERSION_NOW)->version_num >= 0x072B00) {
   /* check if the openssl handle is available */
   if(t->extras[0]) {
     /* access openssl handle */
   }
}