Setting SFTP hmac option

From: Jeremy Zapata <jzapata_at_globalscape.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:10:44 +0000

Hi, I have a version of libcurl compiled with libssh2 (fairly recent versions, OpenSSL v1.0.2 and libssh2 v1.4.3) for testing uploading/downloading files with sftp. I have limited experience with ssh and sftp but I know that on Linux there are additional options that can be specified with the sftp command such as the MAC (Message Authentication Code) like this:

sftp -oCiphers=3des-cbc -oMACs=hmac-md5 myuser_at_myhost

I need to be able to do some specific compliance testing using libcurl (so I can test from Windows) and I need to be able to change which MAC is used. Does libcurl with sftp support specifying the hmac option? And if so how do I tell it which to use?

Here is some Linux documentation I found on the oMACs option: http://www.computerhope.com/unix/sftp.htm. Thanks!