Curl ES 60: Invalid certificate chain on MacOS 10.10.3 (Yosemite)

From: Volker Schmid <volker.schmid_at_regify.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 08:39:02 +0200

Hello all,

I have a specific problem at a customer. Our software is calling a https:// domain using libcurl. No proxy. The system states curl 7.30.0.

We are calling a page that is definitely having a valid certificate including a valid chain. It is not self signed. It is signed by COMODO using a wildcard certificate. Several online testers stated a valid certificate and chain.

We set the certificates keychain using CURLOPT_CAPATH to /System/Library/Keychains/ and we also made sure this path exists. It seems that other pages are working well but not this one. Calling the same URL in Safari works with no problems.

Three other customers with Yosemite do not report this problem (works so far). One customer reports the problem.

Any idea?

Best,

Volker