Re: DL curl 7.35 mingw32

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:07:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 8 May 2015, Adam wrote:

> Disagree or not, IMAP is on 7.40, 7.33, 7.27 (mingw32 builds) is *NOT*
> working.

I don't think that's a fair description of the situation.

You may experience problems with an IMAP transfer setup with those versions,
but the IMAP support in general is working. At least all tests we have for
IMAP keep on running fine.

> In fact, I can't find a single build on windows where IMAP *IS* working, and
> after asking this exact question on stackoverflow yesterday (
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30110396/libcurl-imap-not-working), of
> the entire stackoverflow community *ONE* person has seemed to had success
> (7.35) - and that's it.

You can of course decide who to trust when it comes to libcurl details and
internals. I would however be a bit careful to draw that drastic conclusions
based on curl answers on stackoverflow (that I am even one of the top users on
stackoverflow's curl and libcurl tags). I would imagine that I know a little
bit more on this topic than the average stackoverflow user. Maybe I'm wrong.

Can we go back and discuss the exact problem instead? What are you doing that
works with 7.35.0 and doesn't work with the latest libcurl? It'd be great
with a full recipe to run on our own to allow us to debug things.

> Myself, and several others have even seen on these lists this exact problem
> which is obviously NOT fixed.

Sorry, I don't know what exact problem you're referring to.

> Sorry, but I'm not wasting my time dealing with subpar compilation
> instructions for a library that may or may not (probably not) work, after
> already having wasted a day dealing with this.

That's entirely your choice of course.

I've wasted 18 years on the project.