Re: DL curl 7.35 mingw32

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 19:57:45 -0400

On 5/8/2015 8:46 AM, Adam wrote:
> Disagree or not, IMAP is on 7.40, 7.33, 7.27 (mingw32 builds) is *NOT*
> working. In fact, I can't find a single build on windows where IMAP
> *IS* working, and after asking this exact question on stackoverflow
> yesterday
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30110396/libcurl-imap-not-working), of
> the entire stackoverflow community *ONE* person has seemed to had
> success (7.35) - and that's it.
>
> Myself, and several others have even seen on these lists this exact
> problem which is obviously NOT fixed.
>
> Sorry, but I'm not wasting my time dealing with subpar compilation
> instructions for a library that may or may not (probably not) work,
> after already having wasted a day dealing with this.
>
> If you can give me a *download link *to 7.35 - that'd be perfect. If
> not, I'm off to build VMime, a library that is well known to "just
> work". Thanks for your time.

I use IMAPS to connect to Gmail and it's worked fine for me using many
different versions to retrieve subjects. Gmail uses extensions [1] that
may be helpful. If there is a problem we want to fix it but you aren't
giving us enough information to do that. What is the "exact problem"?

In your SO question you try LIST but that isn't valid by itself as the
answer mentions. To list the folders it should be:
LIST "" *
which as it happens is the default request so you don't even need to set
that as a custom request. If you append INBOX to the url then the
default request becomes LIST "INBOX" * so it's only going to show you
INBOX and not the others.

I made an example for you [2] that connects to Gmail and prints out the
folder and label list. I tested in MinGW using 7.39 and Visual Studio
using the latest libcurl version. You should get output similar to this
for body:

Body:

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "/" "TESTLABEL"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "[Gmail]"
* LIST (\All \HasNoChildren) "/" "[Gmail]/All Mail"
* LIST (\Drafts \HasNoChildren) "/" "[Gmail]/Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Important) "/" "[Gmail]/Important"
* LIST (\Sent \HasNoChildren) "/" "[Gmail]/Sent Mail"
* LIST (\Junk \HasNoChildren) "/" "[Gmail]/Spam"
* LIST (\Flagged \HasNoChildren) "/" "[Gmail]/Starred"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren \Trash) "/" "[Gmail]/Trash"

[1]: https://developers.google.com/gmail/imap_extensions
[2]: https://gist.github.com/jay/a43724c98220de85d020