Re: SFTP might get faster soon

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 14:38:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 May 2015, Jan Ehrhardt wrote:

> Just curious: did this ever happen? A long, long time after this message
> you posted
> http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2014/05/14/why-sftp-is-still-slow-in-curl/
> So I guess something came in between.

The libssh2 parts optimization happened and SFTP was sped up quite
significantly but then it turned out that to get really speedy SFTP transfers
with libcurl we need to use much larger buffers than what we currently do. I
never got around to working on that, as I wouldn't want to just
unconditionally grow the buffer but it should then be switched to use dynamic
buffer sizes.

These days listed as a TODO:

   http://curl.haxx.se/docs/todo.html#Modified_buffer_size_approach