Re: CURL transfer hangs on iOS after locking screen

From: Moodstocks <cedric_at_moodstocks.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:52:35 +0200

Le 19 mai 2015 à 13:09, Vincas.Razma_at_bentley.com a écrit :

> File download hangs on iOS when it is interrupted by automatic or manual screen lock. […] Reproducible with any iOS and CURL easy or multi API as far as I can tell.

Is it the kind of thing you can easily reproduce with Nick’s libcurl for iOS project[1] and e.g. http://httpbin.org/ ?

What about your setup? (libcurl and iOS versions / protocol used / etc)

Have you considered / tested using something like `beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler`[2] ?

    This method lets your app continue to run for a period of time after it
    transitions to the background. [...] For example, your app could call this
    method to ensure that had enough time to transfer an important file to a remote
    server

Cédric

[1]: http://seiryu.home.comcast.net/~seiryu/libcurl-ios.html
[2]: https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UIKit/Reference/UIApplication_Class/#//apple_ref/occ/instm/UIApplication/beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler: