Re: Detecting HP native C compiler on HP-UX

From: Michael Osipov <1983-01-06_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 00:35:57 +0200

Am 2015-05-24 um 00:13 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
> On Sat, 23 May 2015, Michael Osipov wrote:
>
>>> Excuse me for late response. Please find in attachment unified patch
>>> (generated by command diff -u) for today's matser
>>> hpux-native-preprocessor.patch. You could apply it from cURL top
>>> sources directory with command patch -p0 <
>>> hpux-native-preprocessor.patch but GNU patch is required.
>>
>> Checked you patch yesterday. It does a great job. Can someone commit
>> it please?
>
> But it already worked for you even before that patch, right? Why do you
> want it applied? You think my __hpux concerns are invalid?

Yes, it did work w/o that patch. Dima described an edge case where
someone uses cpp instead of cc to detect the compiler flavor. His patch
makes it work. I just confirmed that it did. I am not having this case
with our setup.

I cannot make any statement on your concerns because I do not have the
appropriate experience with.

Michael