Re: Connecting to multiple hosts that have the same hostname

From: WebMC <maPro_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2015 15:30:09 +0200

Le 27/05/2015 21:10, Michael Kaufmann a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have a challenging scenario for libcurl. I want to connect with https
> to a cluster of ADFS hosts (Active Directory Federation Services). These
> hosts have the same hostname, but different IP addresses. For example:
> - host.example.org, IP: 10.0.0.1
> - host.example.org, IP: 10.0.0.2

strange question,
the DNS resolution gives one IP per host name,

I think, as your mentioned IPS are local addresses, that you want two
possible machines for the same host:

usually you proceed with ports, as host.example.org:1 /
host.example.org:2, ans adjust the port forwarding on your gateway, as
1->10.0.0.1 / 2->10.0.0.2

these addresses are only for you local network, so any other solution
won't work in a more generally case

ChD