Re: SMTP with TLS error handling

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 23:08:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 4 Jun 2015, Jamie Gordon wrote:

> If this behaviour by libcurl is "correct" then is it possible to interpret
> what I have to maybe suggest to the user that they have entered invalid
> credentials, rather than presenting them with "Operation timed out after 0
> milliseconds..."?

I suggest you set a suitable break-point in libcurl when you run your program,
or perhaps sprinkle it with printf()s, to figure out exactly where it returns
that timeout error code (and why).

Once we know why that is returned we can take see what (if anything) we can do
to improve the error detection and code!