Re: Happy eyeballs and custom DNS

From: Anders Bakken via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2015 15:34:22 -0700

Hi Ray

I took the liberty of trying to make your patch apply.

https://github.com/Andersbakken/curl/tree/fix-curlopt_resolve

I had to make some small changes:

1) There were a couple of lines with 4 spaces indentation level
2) Some comments were too long
3) Some for loops started with a space (for( ;...)

I also had to make a change in Curl_loadhostpairs to store the
information from the old handle before inserting the new one since the
old sometimes was freed by the insertion. I am not 100% this was
correct. (see 1c52fd75d068d4434bc7e0c96a46b0c8e2710f22)

I made the decision to use your version of Curl_loadhostpairs
wholesale rather than trying to mix your version of dns cache removals
with the current one.

Not sure if you have the time to or interesting in taking a look at
this but I would be very grateful if you do.

best regards

Anders Bakken