Re: Questions on SSL Certificates

From: Kerry Loux <louxkr_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 09:54:58 -0400

Thanks Michael.

> I am using libcurl in an application that I cross-compile to run on a
> > Raspberry Pi. I've built libcurl with openssl.
>
> This is probably the issue. OPENSSL has a compile time default location
> for its trusted certificates, if you cross-compiled a staticly linked
> openssl into your libcurl, the default is probably wrong.

Yes, this was issue. This link has some additional information:
https://github.com/intridea/omniauth/wiki/Setting-up-SSL-certificate-locations-in-Linux

When I do "openssl version -a" on the raspberry pi, I see OPENSSLDIR:
"/usr/lib/ssl". I see the same for my native build, but when I installed
openssl on my development machine, it must have created a symbolic link
from /usr/lib/ssl/certs to /etc/ssl/certs. Manually creating this symbolic
link on the raspberry pi fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Kerry