Re: Poor HTTP POST upload performance

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 17:32:43 -0400

On 6/22/2015 11:12 AM, Bryan Christ wrote:
> You are correct about the JS uploader chopping the file into chunks.
> For the purposes of my test, I disabled that behavior. You can go to
> Account Settings -> Upload Options and turn off the Flash and HTML
> uploaders. This is the only way to get comparable results. I think
> you will then find Firefox faster.

Thanks, I disabled the Flash and HTML uploaders and did some more
testing earlier today. The tests were less formal because I didn't
record deviation. Firefox 35.0.1 and 38 in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64 both
take on average 19 seconds (Measured from 'Sending request to
mediafire.com...' to 'Waiting for mediafire.com...'). I also ran some of
the example tests again and got the same average, 19 seconds. So there's
no discernable difference here. If everything you plan to try doesn't
work and you can reproduce in a docker container then send me the
container and I'll try it here to see if I get different results.